My Learning Experiences in DTT

By: Modesto I. Eleda Jr. (Jay-R) Black belt
Vice President, DTT

“Learning Taekwondo or any other type of Martial Arts helped us to develop Self-esteem, Loyalty, and Confidence. As with many other martial arts, taekwondo is a combination of combat technique, self-defense, sport, exercise, entertainment and philosophy. Taekwondo develops strength, speed, balance, flexibility and stamina.” Let me go back from the beginning I started to learn taekwondo.
Since I was in the Philippines, I have been interested to learn Martial Arts but for so many reasons, I wasn’t able to do so. So the time I heard about the different types of Martial Arts being taught here in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, I told to myself that if ever I got the chance, I will grab that opportunity to learn. Now, I thank my instructor, Saboom Nim G. Sugano founder 5th Dan Black belt for initiating Desert Tiger Taekwondo (DTT) in our accommodation which greatly helped us. My achievements in this training are trophies, Medals and several certificates of appreciation.
I was in the training since March 2004, where I started as white belter. The training consisted of five (5) color belts, brown and black belts. During our inauguration in May 2004 held in our Dojang, we had a simple and very organized program. There were some exhibitions of black belters from other clubs who had inspired us to continue in the training and helped motivate ourselves to be active and achieve the same belts someday.
In May 2004 during my lower belt (white belt) in our Dojang, we conducted some competitions within the club (DTT) to prepare ourselves for other competitions with outer clubs. I competed for individual sparring where I got the Championship Trophy and another one on Individual Kata or Poomsae performing Poomsae II. During awarding ceremony, our Grand Master Ph. M.I. Tianero, 10th Dan Red Belt (Supreme) was the one who awarded the trophies. I was so happy that I met him personally. At this time, I am very eager to learn and inspired to finish the training to achieve a higher belt in Taekwondo.
In October 2004, World Organizer of Martial Arts (WOMA) sponsored a tournament in Al-Taloof Sports Club, Jubail. I recalled that I was only a yellow belter at that time and was the first time I joined a competition organized by other clubs. I competed for Individual Sparring and Poomsae. I got the 1st Runner-up Trophy under the Poomsae competition (performing II & III).
In April 2005, Maharlika International Shotokan Association (MISA) sponsored a tournament which was held in International Philippine School in Al-Khobar (IPSA). I was Purple belter that time and I competed for Individual Poomsae and Team Sparring where I got a Championship Trophy in Poomsae (performing Poomsae VI) and a 1st Runner-up Trophy in Team Sparring together with Donato Delgado and Faisal Al-Shammary.
In September 2006 the Okinawa Shorin-Ryu Karate Do Association (OSKA) in Star Gym Jubail, Saudi Arabia Chapter in Coordination of WOMA (World Organizer of Martial Arts) and (BOMAC) Board of Martial Arts Council, held a tournament “Battle for the Champion”, I was Brown belter by that time and I compete for a Poomsae and Sparring for Brown/Black belt category (individual) were I got 2nd Runner-up (Bronze Medal) Poomsae/Kata and 1st Runner-up (Gold Medal) Sparring/Kumete respectively.
I also joined the Exhibition in Sunset Beach performing Poomsae VII. I attended some trainings and seminars showing different types of techniques and learned different styles in Martial Arts. Now, I am proud to be one in our club having one of the Black Belts.
In December 14, 2006, when our instructor Saboom Nim Greg C. Sugano awarded to me a Certificate of Promotions, as a black belt together with the other black belter on our Dojang. I was really happy when I got that belt since I was on the training for almost 3 years and I experience a lot of pain during the training, but I believe in the saying that “NO PAIN, NO GAIN” so that I have to take the challenges to help myself to develop in all the aspects of training because I believe that Taekwondo is not an easy task.
In July 2007, one of the memorable date in the field of Martial Arts, because I received from our Grand Master Ph. M.I. Tianero, 10th Dan Red Belt (Supreme) a life time Membership certificate from WOMA (World Organizer of Martial Arts) International Council for Higher Martial Arts Science Education the Certificate of Rank Recognition; Instructor’s Certificate and ID’s. Now I’m proud to be one of the authorized instructors to teach and to help others who want to become Martial Artist.

Taekwon!!!


1 comment:

Best Online Poker Site said...

Same already discussed recently